Students are used to the fact that their professors give them the assignment’s topic. It minimizes the efforts they spend on the homework tasks as choosing the relevant, interesting persuasive essay topics all alone may be a time-consuming task based on the in-depth research. Many students think it is a waste of time. In fact, they should perceive the ability to select the topic as a wonderful opportunity rather than another academic nightmare. No matter how good persuasive speech topics given by the teacher are, the student is not able to reject them in case he/she does not know much about the problem. If you can pick the issue on your own, it is possible to come up with the problem of interest!
GRAB IMMEDIATE HOMEWORK HELP
What about taking some time to learn how to pick good persuasive essay topics for high school? This article provides 100 excellent, interesting persuasive essay topics, but you can support the final choice with a reliable, 100% satisfactory academic writing help from the top preferred writers!
Difference between Good Persuasive Speech Topics and Argumentative Topics
Do not hurry to jump over to the list of 101 good persuasive speech topics without reading the basics. A student is free to compose a paper on any topic in the world, which related to the field of studies. That is wonderful! What is the student understand the subject and has no idea of what an argumentative/ debatable/persuasive writing means? The obvious step to take is to find what the term means.
Students use to confuse the two terms, great argumentative writing ideas and interesting persuasive essay topics because these two genres of academic assignment have a lot of nuances in common. It does not matter if the writer finds a list of interesting persuasive essay topics and then prepares an argumentative essay on one of those ideas. The approach to writing should be different. Learn more by attending the academic service’s blog full of useful, time-tested tips on writing.
An argumentative paper is a part of the persuasion. It has to state the main point, thesis statement, and defend it throughout the paper while an essay on the good persuasive speech topics must prove the truth of the author to the target audience. The reader should take the author’s side by the end of the reading. That is why choosing only interesting persuasive essay topics is critical.
100 Interesting Persuasive Essay Topics to Cover
It is time to have a look at the 100 interesting persuasive essay topics shared by the top writers from different parts of the world! Do not forget to develop an efficient outline to succeed!
GET PERSUASIVE ESSAY FROM EXPERT
Persuasive Essay Topics for Elementary Students
- Monkeys would make excellent pets
- Having siblings or being alone in the family?
- Will waking up and seeing the dinosaur next to you push you to give the creature away to the zoo?
- The most effective superpower to possess is the ability to fly
- The most gorgeous seasons of the year is summer/winter
- Should a scientist who discovered an invisibility potion share it with other people?
- A ticket seller at the football stadium is the most boring job in the world
- Parents must allow their kids to paint on their walls to personalize the bedroom and show their individualities Making friends with everyone around will do a good favor in the future
- Carrying a brand new iPhone everywhere does not create our image; it points to how much money our parents earn
Good Persuasive Essay Topics for High School Children
- The death penalty is an effective way to scare off the criminals
- Every person is free to change his/her name without any obstacles at any life stage
- The moral obligations of the nation’s leaders, including presidents and bosses of huge companies
- Rich people must be forced to pay higher taxes to support the financial balance
- What is the effective way to avert the potential mass shootings at the US high schools?
- Are fashion and one’s personal preferences important?
- Is there anything older generation can learn from the modern youth?
- Censorship plays the most significant role in the digital world
- They should lower the voting age to get more accurate results
- National security is more important than privacy
Persuasive Essay Topics on Education to Support the Academic Improvements
- Studying the nature of videos/computer games & mobile apps may be beneficial for the IT students
- The existing means of high school discipline are not effective enough to control groups of teens
- The standardized evaluation is not a precise measure of student learning progress and personal development
- The children in provisional living conditions with a 4.0 GPA must earn a free university education
- Is it ethical to place physically or mentally disabled children in the separate school classes?
- Which type of preventive measure could stop the high school bullying?
- Are video games capable of stimulating teenagers to use a weapon in the educational institutions?
- Students performance during the physical education lessons in gym affects their great point average
- The teachers should wear a special uniform like the professionals from other fields associated with public services
- Less successful students should not be forced to retake the course until they obtain a passing grade
Science Persuasive Essay Topics: Breakthrough in Technologies and More
- The US Environmental Protection Agency does not use its full capacity to make the environment better
- The era described in the “Blade Runner” movie is coming closer to each new day and robot created
- The alternative source of energy may replace the fossil fuels
- The human activity has nothing to do with the progress of global warming
- Modern planes do not fall without a good scientific reason: most of the catastrophes are the outcomes of terrorism
- People are guilty of the extinction of many rare species of animals & plants
- The genetically modified food is not safe
- Should there be a restriction on the number of children in every US family like they have in China?
- Is it ethical to clone animals?
- Is marijuana good for curing various mental disorders?
Persuasive Essay Topics about Animals & Plants
- Hunting is not ethical in any life situation
- Zoos are not helpful in wildlife conservation
- London Zoo is the largest zoo in the world offering its animals the luxury conditions
- People cannot keep rare, exotic animals at home turning them into their pets
- Is it fine to create mixed hybrids through breeding homeless dogs and cats?
- Rewards. Vs. Punishment: which is a better measure to train and control pet’s behavior?
- Vegetarianism does not help the animal world the way some people think
- Killing animals to get their fur for the fashion industry is immoral & unethical
- Poaching negatively affects the economy, so the responsible faces should do something to improve the situation
- What led to the extinction of the great mammals like mammoths & wooly rhinoceros?
Persuasive Essay Topics about Music & Artists
- Pirating music in the digital age is the serious threat to the entire country’s economy
- Great Britain does not dominate the music world since the 90s and the breakup/separation of “The Beatles.”
- The grunge music and gothic rock/post-punk music have fewer differences than they have similarities
- Music can be a part of the perfect rehabilitation procedure in the local prisons
- The cost of music, app, game, & video downloads on App Store is very high
- Various significances in songs make people react to the music tracks in different ways
- Chinese music is an original art form, which has not developed significantly since Ling Lun’s foundation of 60 bells
- Vietnam War epoch music inspired further discussions on the innovative & revolutionary approaches to thinking
- Music is the top recommended therapy for the cure of mental illnesses
- Technology has a positive impact on music as there is no need to have humans to create a band and deliver music to public
Sports Persuasive Essay Topics Students & Young Athletes Will Enjoy
- Animal sports like horse racing are not ethical or moral
- There is no way to include tobacco and alcohol beverages advertising during the translated sports events
- The sportsmen should not drink alcohol by any means
- It is not safe to take part in the extreme activities for entertainment
- The Government of Spain must forbid the bullfighting across the country even though it is the face of the national sports
- In swimming and dancing, women perform better than most of the men
- The best coaches in the world are under the equal threat of losing their self-control
- Women team players cannot take part in the mixed-gender sports games
- The inborn talents of the athletes matter more than the skills & experience of their trainers
- Coaches should punish the sportsmen for taking steroids severer than they do now
Complicated Ideas for Debates
- The oil companies are supposed to be more responsible concerning the oil spills
- Human behavior a result of nature
- Sex education classes would make sense to the younger teenagers
- The modern US legal system exploits the minorities despite the constitution and existing laws
- The gun control legislation has much more disadvantages than advantages
- There is no need to van modern television or some of the shows – Interne is a worse threat to society
- Do famous people make a mockery of the right to privacy?
- Should the legal drinking/smoking/driving/voting age of the person be brought down to 18 in the United States?
- Are open borders possible in the foreseeable future?
- Europeans would lose the World War II without the American intervention and on-time help
Moral Issues to Cover in Persuasive Speech & Debates
- Animal testing is necessary for the human kind, so it should not come
- Hospital patients possess a right to die through the physician-assisted suicide
- Physician-assisted suicide is not illegal and can be implemented in the corresponding situations
- They should ban children’s beauty pageants to make the world better
- The US customers must stop purchasing goods from countries that exploit child labor
- Atheists are not less moral than theists
- Should young adolescents be allowed to make cosmetic surgery?
- Should people start selling beer to college students?
- Is a camera in public place an invasion of privacy?
- Dreamers must obtain permission to stay in the US
- Both educational institutions & businesses should provide more incentives to do volunteer work
Mixed Argumentative Ideas to Use in School/College Essay
- Atheists & religious people must exercise tolerance with each other
- Discussing the major problems associated with Iraq & Afghanistan continuously evokes irritation and aggression
- Was the “sex, drugs, and rock’n’roll” epoch significant in the history of art, or not?
- Whose side do you support: vegetarians or meat eaters?
- Should the maniacs who kill people without reason be sentenced to death?
- Free bagels with sour cream motivate the student to study as they stimulate the brain activity
- Unpopular opinion: The Black Square by Kazimir Malevich has nothing special about it
- Talking about cheating is embarrassing while discussing various sex issues is fine
- The art for masses has nothing to do with the masterpieces created by the elite community
- Modern women look worse than women of 80s when they were not too thin and looked more natural
Interesting is not a single word the student must think about. The chosen issue has to be essential and informative, meaning the writer should check whether there is enough information available on the web/in the college library.
Once the student understands it, he/she can move to the process of selecting the topic. There is no need to collect the possible ideas independently – meet out the list of the cool persuasive topics shared by the most successful students and their teachers around the world!
"Is after-class homework harmful or useful?" That is how a good argumentative paper topic may sound.
Argumentative essay is one more type of college paper. Students might be assigned it as part of their homework or even in-class activity. Argumentative papers exist to check student's English and ability to think critically. Another reason is to see how well students argue on different views and demonstrate knowledge of the studied subject.
GET PROMPT ACADEMIC SOLUTIONS
Have a look at this article to understand teacher's grading rubric better. Find a list of debatable essay topics divided into several different categories below.
Ways to Choose Argumentative Essay Topics
There are a lot of argumentative topics to come up with in the age of political debates, economical movements, and technological progress. Picking the subject is one of the most responsible stages (unless your teacher assigns his own subject to cover). Deciding on your topic is not that easy.
It is recommended to choose rather contradictive topics when writing a critical paper. The reader should be impressed by the way you defend your ideas. It is recommended to avoid argument essay topics on moral issues because they do not support logical discussion. Recent argumentative essay topics which are relevant to society will do.
A debatable paper must contain both analysis and fair criticism of various problems. Make sure each time you want to say something against one's claim, you need solid arguments. Otherwise, your paper won't persuade your teacher. The lack of good support sources will result in a lower grade.
Those who try to obtain their business administration degrees (BBA or MBA) must evaluate and analyze the efficiency of some marketing or HRM tools to discover the most effective approaches. Potential nurses and healthcare experts must check and discuss the efficiency of treatment.
The second thing you should take care of once you decide on the title is to keep in mind five types of argument claims.
Once you select the main subject, start working on the action plan known as academic paper outline. Keep an eye on academic paper formatting while writing.
Follow this link to find out 101 argumentative essay topics or just continue reading.
The Principles of Formatting Academic Papers
While working, mention all applied sources separately. Take notes each time you decide to add a new quote: later, this information will help to create Bibliography list much faster. Keep in mind that proper formatting is 1/3 of your grade! Thus, it is important to read corresponding formatting guide.
In contrast to middle and high school students, college students apply a greater variety of academic writings styles.
- MLA (Modern Language Association)
- APA (American Psychologic Association)
- IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers)
- ACS (American Chemical Society)
APA is often applied to format the argumentative essay. It also depends on the particular college subject. APA is applied in Psychology, Philosophy, and Social Sciences while History students must be well-aware of Harvard format. Theology, Anthropology, and Religious Studies classes involve Turabian/Chicago style. Computer Science researchers apply IEEE referencing style while Chemistry students are into ACS. Teachers assign the necessary format, but keep in mind these tips if they don't.
Before writing your piece, conduct additional research on academic paper formatting. It is better to use templates as they include all necessary formatting elements. Control the margins, font, font's size, indents, and other features in your Word document. Each style is different in two ways. First, in-text citations may be either numerical or author-date style. Second, every style has a unique approach to referencing.
Young writers may try simple online citation generators which are usually free of charge. Add the details on your selected sources to get automatically generated references.
Good Argumentative Essay Topics & Ideas
Have a look at how to come up with an essay topic! It is important to focus only on one subject instead of involving several ideas and make readers confused. Read the advice from educational expert carefully.
"A clear, firm, and debatable thesis is the goal of an argumentative paper. It is impossible to cover several issues at a time as your audience may get lost and lose interest in reading. Besides, any academic paper is limited in length: the more issues your try to cover, the more extra information comes up. I would recommend avoiding argumentative essay topic ideas associated with national/global problems. They usually require more than a few pages. If you choose a broad issue, narrow it down by tossing away details such as descriptions and useless examples.
There are four main characteristics of good argumentative essay topics. They are always CDRM.
C - current
D - debatable
R - researchable
M - manageable
Finally, great argument essay topics are always passionate!"
Tara Christianson, Yale's Literature and Arts Professor
Get acquainted with the list of persuasive paper ideas! Take a look at the list of critical thinking essay topics for students from different areas of expertise. These are the most popular paper titles. Change them according to your requirements.
TRY OUR ONLINE ACADEMIC SERVICES
Argumentative Essay Topics for College
- What should be changed about current taxation system?
- Shakespeare: Was he real?
- Are Project Managers and CEOs paid too much?
- Is college admission getting too sharp?
- Are test scores the most accurate indication of individual competency?
- Military service and the role of gender
- Why are left-handed guitar players more gifted?
- Do all religions have a right to exist?
- What are the causes of the increased number of teenage mothers?
- What happens once we die?
Easy Argumentative Essay Topics
- My favorite music
- Burton's "Ed Wood": Was Depp the best choice?
- Is particular fashion important today?
- Are girls too mean?
- Do human beings cause global climate change?
- Polygamy is natural, so it's not evil
- Can you succeed in life being a philosopher?
- Is art a profession?
- How long a modern film usually takes?
- What is the true meaning of "love"?
Controversial Argumentative Essay Topics
- Is US election process fair?
- Should animals be used in experiments/testing?
- Is the death penalty effective?
- Do religious movements cause war?
- The politics of British government
- Celebrities tend to fail their political careers
- The system is too much corrupted today
- Politics is everywhere and always a "dirty" game
- Clinton could be a better US President
- Positive and negative outcomes of feminism
Social Media Argumentative Essay Topics
- Critical factors of quickly modifying consumer behavior
- Can girls ask boys out first?
- Should cigarettes be sold?
- Is our society a throw-away?
- Should nation market to children?
- What is the best alternative to Twitter?
- Do people really find a job through effective LinkedIn Profile?
- Does government have a right to view private profiles?
- Are popular online activists too shy in real life?
- Is it possible earn good money on YouTube?
Argumentative Essay Topics Technology Students May Choose
- Are cell phones too harmful?
- Are spy applications for mobile phones an invasion of privacy?
- Are modern young people too dependent on computers?
- Is any online lottery fair?
- Is TypeScript a future of front-end development?
- Are modern teens too much reliant on Information Technologies?
- Do we still need cell phones?
- How do people survive in the age of technological explosion?
- Can corporations create chips to control their employees' minds?
- What will our world look like in technological sense in the next century?
Argumentative Essay Topics about Sports
- Are violent video games that dangerous?
- Does participation in sports keep teens out of trouble?
- Is competition the best way to prove your competence?
- Are children changing positively when doing sports?
- Is cheating in sports games out of control?
- What is the most dangerous type of sports?
- Is swimming the only activity which trains every group of muscles?
- Are there any legal alternatives to steroids?
- Does cheerleading fit in games?
- Which type of sports is meant only for the wealthiest?
Argumentative Essay Topics for Middle School
- Should metal music be banned due to the violent lyrics?
- How can children be effectively punished?
- What age is appropriate to start dating?
- Can students evaluate and critique their teachers?
- Should public schools add creationism to their programs?
- Which genre of music may help to study?
- Females prefer romantic movies.
- Is it possible to trace someone online?
- Is it possible to make friends virtually?
- The role of school uniform.
Argumentative Essay Topics for High School
- The educational system in China
- Is homeschooling effective?
- Is the cost of university too high?
- Should the government have a say in our nutrition?
- What are the advantages of attending a single-sex school?
- Can graffiti be viewed as art?
- What type of social activity should be legally punished?
- Is the United States too lenient on Israel?
- Is India a genuine superpower?
- Pros and cons of globalization.
Health Related Argumentative Essay Topics
- Should alcohol usage be restricted legally?
- Government has to provide premium health care?
- Do curfews really keep adolescents out of trouble?
- Supplements used to cure cancer
- Are gay couples under the threat of HIV more than straight pairs?
- Can technological devices cause cancer?
- How much water should we drink per day?
- How do vegetarians survive?
- The risks coming from fast food.
- Going to the hospital versus self-treatment.
Social Argumentative Essay Topics
- Is torture or rape ever acceptable?
- Should sexual maniacs be sentenced to death?
- Can male employees get paternity leave from work?
- Does age matter in relationships?
- Do low prices on condoms prevent teen pregnancy?
- Ways to handle naughty teens
- What is the right punishment for the failed parenting?
- What are the causes of Down's syndrome?
- Is black PR acceptable?
- Can we treat abortion as a crime?
Are you ready to discover one more extra topic? Let it be something universal like "What are the best methods to control modern generation?"
Tips on Writing Powerful Argumentative Essay
Make a candy out of your paper by following expert recommendations!
- Write about different aspects of contemporary life. Do not cover fantastic issues in an argumentative essay as you must sound realistic by providing real-life examples. That's why choosing social media, sports, politics, gender issues, and school/college themes would work.
- Start with a great hook to capture attention. It can be a rhetorical question, literary quote, or else, but it is important not to use more than one hook in your paper. Mind this professional advice when choosing the best hooking sentence.
- There is no need to include a first-person ("I," "we") unless required by instructions. Still, students are encouraged to share their own opinions.
- It is important to read all relevant literature to add ideas that oppose personal opinion. To debate fairly, the evidence must be taken from the credible sources only! Exclude topics that do not have opposing opinions.
- Feel free to create an original topic, but you may also use numerous lists of prepared themes.
- Try to sound unbiased when protecting your point of view. The following elements will support your research:
- clear criteria
- expert feedback
- supportive arguments
- End up your text with a strong call-to-action (CTA). Unlike in marketing, your goal is to sell your article. In other words, make the reader want to discuss the problem even once he's done with reading. Motivate your audience to continue the research.
- Don't forget to refer to this article to recall the best argumentative essay ideas chosen by many successful students throughout the world!
Tired of endless academic writing? Need quick help with formatting? Sometimes you might need some professional help with argumentative essay topics. Don't lose your head trying to master every writing style, academic discipline, and research method trying. Sit down and assume each advantage proposed by the best companies. Discover them thanks to your Google. Remember: students can always count on professional essay writing assistance. Just make an order to check it out!
WE CAN WRITE FOR YOU ANY ACADEMIC TASK!
In need of professional academic backing? – Look no further!