123 Main Street, Stateland, ST, 99999 H: (555) 123-9876 C: (555) 123-9876 email@example.com
March 11, 2014
RE: Director of Project Management Office, PMO – 9825, March 11, 2014
To Whom it May Concern,
As an accomplished information systems professional, I read with interest your posting for a new Director of Project Management Office. My experience, with roles as both project and program manager, aligns well with the qualifications you are seeking. I am certain I have what you need and that I would make a valuable addition to your company.
With over 18 years’ experience in global IT development and delivery, I am accomplished in diverse functions including planning and leading system implementations, determining cost savings, interfacing with C-level executives, giving presentations, and contract negotiations. I am adept at bridging the gap between technical and non technical persons and have a goal-driven, high-performing nature.
Highlights of my achievements include:
- Achieved $1.2M in operational cost savings over a three year time period through efforts to streamline operations, identify new solutions, and renegotiate existing vendor contracts.
- Improved system availability to 99.99% and customer satisfaction to 100% over three years by developing, implementing, and monitoring service level agreements with staff and customers, ensuring compliance and quick resolution of specific issues.
- Achieved $1 M in operational savings by standardizing development and operational best practices that were leveraged across existing and new clients.
- Saved $500,000+/year by designing and leading technical development of custom HR solution that provided a one-stop-shop for employees to access employee and benefits information.
My project management roles have prepared me for this position by giving me a foundation in handling a wide range of issues and objectives. I can quickly break down goals, establish scopes, and effectively manage projects through completion while exceeding expectations across the board. I know how to mediate conflicts, establish productive relationships, and root out inefficiencies to ensure optimal performance for the entire team.
Please review my attached resume for additional details regarding my expertise and career achievements. I would welcome an opportunity for an interview and I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience so we can discuss the position and your needs in detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
The templates on this page are a Project Manager cover letter sample and a product manager cover letter example. The cover letters below have been written based on real resume samples hosted on our website.
In a hurry? Our state of the art cover letter builder can help you write a convincing cover letter in minutes.
Build My Free Cover Letter Now >>
Both of the letters on this page were built using our cover letter templates.
Table of Contents
- Project Manager Cover Letter Sample
- Product Manager Cover Letter Sample
SEE ALSO > How to Write an Excellent Resume
1. Project Manager Cover Letter Sample
Our project manager cover letter template emphasizes the applicant’s achievements with three bullet points. Use the samples to help you format your own cover letter.
Click Here to Download Our
Project Manager Cover Letter Sample
Project Manager Cover Letter (Text Format)
August 1, 2016
187 Maybrook Street
Orlando, Florida 94000
Dear Mr. Lebowski
I am writing to apply for the IT Project Manager position at Systems+, as advertised on Linkedin.com. I am confident that my 3 years of solid experience and diverse capabilities in project management make me an ideal candidate to successfully fulfill this position.
During my time working as a Junior IT Project Manager at XConnect, I was the second-in-charge to the Project Manager in leading a medium-sized development team. I was charged with the responsibility of helping oversee a range of critical projects from conception to delivery.
I was commended by my manager for demonstrating strong skills in: proactively managing important and time-sensitive projects; developing innovative solutions to critical problems; balancing stakeholder expectations with those of the company; and working collaboratively with other team members to establish an efficient and effective systems of operation.
In my time at XConnect, I was noted for having achieved the following:
- Executing a number of highly profitable projects with budgets over $200,000
- Working with my team to manage the accounts of prestigious international brands and clients
- Strong understanding of statistics, quality improvement techniques, FMEA and RCA
- Successfully contributing to Q & A testing, product SOW, integration and user documentations.
Furthermore, I have strong academic background to ground my work. After completing my Bachelor of Information Technology Management at the University of Minnesota, I went on to score in the top 2% in my Master of Information Systems at the University of Maryland. I plan to draw on these methodologies at Systems+ to effectively complete project scheduling, issue tracking and resource management tasks.
I believe that the above qualities and experiences would make me a valuable addition to your company. If there is any more information you would like me to provide, please do not hesitate to contact me.
SEE ALSO > Free, Downloadable Resume Template Packs
2. Product Manager Cover Letter Sample
Click Here to Download Our
Product Manager Cover Letter
Product Manager Cover Letter (Text Format)
Oct. 30, 2015
Hiring Manager’s Name
341 Company Address
Palo Alto, California, 94301
Dear [Hiring Manager’s Name],
I am writing to apply for the Product Manager position at Central Bay Software. I have more than 8 years of experience working as a Product Manager for technology companies similar to yours where I have accumulated an extensive skill set. My professional expertise aligns perfectly with the goals of this position in your respected company.
My duties at CityTech include balancing an ever-changing product line while seeking to coordinate and connect the appropriate teams in order for product development to run as smoothly as possible. Central Bay Software would benefit from my skills in the following areas:
- Driving the determined solution cross the necessary development teams with good communication and leadership
- Understanding market requirements for current and futue products
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product
Having studied your job description, I am aware that Mallard’s Technology is looking for a Front Desk operator that can handle more than the occasional visitor and phone call. Given the wide range of my responsibilities at my previous job, I believe I have the requisite skills and abilities to handle any tasks that you require.
Given the chance, I would be a valuable asset for the next line of products being launched over the coming year. It would be a privilege to discuss your Product Manager position in more detail. I would be happy to come by whenever it is most convenient for you. Thank you for your time, and I am looking forward to hearing from you.